Saturday, June 25, 2011

Don't you just love it when someone puts their own spin on it!




Have you been over to see Cindy at Yapping Cat Studios? She has some pics up of her Summertime decorating! She is getting all ready for the hot days of July!!! Some red, some white and some blue mixed into her own style. One day last week I had the pleasure of spending the afternoon with Cindy and Lisa Mc shopping at Lones Star Antique Mall (more on that adventure later!!!). We wandered thru the booths gathering goodies, sharing finds, and popping creative ideas...then we stopped for a yummy bite to eat at the tea room there, where we had a fabulous chicken avocado salad! While we were shopping, Cindy found this fab vintage box, a little chippy peely and nestled in the cutes display! She hated to take it out of the display, but had her own idea for what she would use it for...and if you hop over to her blog, you can see how she put her own spin on it! The box at the mall was filled with nature goodies as you can see in the pics above...but with a few more of her treasures she found and a little tea staining of flags, she made it all her own! Don't you just love it when you get to see what someone does with their treasures??? Well, if I would just unpack mine from the shopping bag, I might find a creative use for them too!!! Off to play with my treasures, have a great weekend!! and Stay cool!

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Enjoyed the day so much. You two always make me laugh and the creativity is the icing on the friendship cake!

hugs!!!!

c

Sandra at 7th St. Studio said...

Thank you Cindy! I need to photograph my treasures, all nicely tucked into place now!

DeeDee said...

I so love shoppign here.. I don't get there often enough.. and I hear the tea room is awesome too.. such fun amoungst friends... :D

How did paper cowgirls go?

Emme Toaye said...

I just came across your page, very upbeat friendly and I love the interesting visuals, wit and wisdom!