Sunday, February 10, 2008

~Looking for the beauty in all things~







haven't posted in a while...life can get really complicated when you least expect it! We finally recovered from the stomach virus and headed back to work and school for all of one day...when we got the call that my mom had been hospitalized. She has COPD, a pulminary disease that causes her to be on oxygen 24 hrs a day. Well, on Tuesday morning she woke up and was struggling to breathe, my brother was there and took her to the hospital, where she was admitted with pnuemonia. As of today, she is still there, but getting stronger everyday, thank God!!! She finally was able to sit in a chair yesterday and keep her oxygen level at a good place. It is always such a scare when she gets sick. She is absolutely the best mom there ever was ( I know that is what most daughters think!) she has filled the role of both mother and father most of my life and also the role of a dear friend!

NOW, for the beauty in all of this (there is always beauty if you look real hard!!!) I have had the last 7 days to sit by her bed and give her my undivided attention. I have been able to help her when she needed something, which feels so good since she has given her life to giving and doing for her children. And...we got to watch our fill the decorating chanel and play "guest critic", catch up on our magazines and show each other the pretty things in each one...and talk about our dreams and what we want most.....time is a gift, a beautiful gift !!!

Now what is a post with out a picture or two...just thought I would share with you some pictures of a job that I have been working on. It is a little girls room and is in vivid colors of hot pink,spring green and black. I just wanted to share with you the progress and to give a big thank you to Wendy at POPIN http://www.shoppopin.com/....she ordered the adorable bed crown that I painted on to go above the beed! It is so amazing the connections that can be made in the blog world!!! Thank you Wendy...the project is coming together with lots of thanks to you!!! Check out POPIN, if you have kiddos, this is a great site and shop!

6 comments:

kecia deveney said...

glad momma is doing better!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sandra, glad to hear your mom is doing better. You need to call us when things like this happen so we can pray with and for you and your mom! We love you,
Cris, Tor, Tay & Tar!

Cindy said...

Honey, I was wondering where you was! Glad your Mom is getting better. Oh wow, sounds like you two girls are having a blast. Mom and I loved to curl up on her bed and watch HGTV and laugh about what was ugly. LOL. Glad to hear on the decor job! Awesome!
c

Susan Tuttle said...

Glad to hear your mother is doing better.

I adore your banner!

Susan

Jan Thomason said...

Gorgeous bed crown!!
I'm sorry you had a scare w/ your mom and am SO happy that you had some time with her while she recuperated! I know that was really special:)
xoxo, Jan

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandra
My friend and employee has COPD. I'm so glad your mom is feeling better. You are a good daughter. My husband, former fireman, is 2 years out of a lung transplant at UW Madison,Wi. I talk to a lot of people in the world of rare lung disease. You can go to Huff-n-puff forum for a community who deal only with this.
Hope you can stop at my blog sometime. I found you through Karla. As soon as I saw COPD I knew I had to write to you. Your art is beautiful.
Talk to you later and say hi to your mom for me.
Pam
blogcabinfever.typepad.com
babeta.etsy